Waukegan Park District | Contributions and Donations
Park District Donations Programs
The Waukegan Park District greatly appreciates the financial support provided through donations and contributions to programs and services. Please consider participating in our donations programs:
- Veterans Memorial Plaza – Paver Program
- Tree and Bench Donation Program
- Partners In Parks Program
- Partners In Parks Golf Outing
- Special Recreation Programs
- Cultural Arts Division Contributions
- Open Donations and Contributions
Veterans Memorial Plaza – Paver Program
To help honor the men and women who have served in one of the five branches of the armed forces, we recognize their accomplishment at Veterans Memorial Plaza with our Paver Program. A 12 X 12 inch brick paver is placed within Veterans Memorial Plaza as a special tribute to your family member, loved one or friend who honorably served their country. Gift & Paver Brochure and Donation Form
Tree and Bench Donation Program
What better tribute can one make than to present the community with a growing gift of nature which benefits so many and serves as a living reminder for years to come. Trees donated are planted twice during the year. An optional bronze plaque is available for an additional charge to commemorate a loved one, a group of event.
Another popular option is one or more benches, which can be combined into a seating area. A bronze plaque with your inscription is mounted in the center of the bench. Tree & Bench Donation Program Brochure and Donation Form
Partners In Parks Program
Community and neighborhood parks are essential components for quality of life for its residents. The park district is proud to provide one of the best park systems in the state. But what takes a park from “good to great” is the attention to detail and the little extras that make each park a special place.
Therefore, our Partners In Parks program provides businesses, community organizations, neighborhood groups and individuals the opportunity to adopt a park or a special project within a park. As a park partner, sign recognition and a public announcement will be provided. For detailed information on this program, please contact Mike Trigg, Park Superintendent: click to email or call at 847-360-4724.
Partners In Parks – Golf Outing
Our annual Partners in Parks Golf Outing is held every year in July at our flagship golf course - Bonnie Brook. This annual fundraising event supports park district recreation programs, park improvement initiatives and scholarship programs.
There are several ways you can support this event:
- Sign up as an individual golfer
- Get a foursome together and play in the outing
- Sponsor a foursome of Junior golfers to play in the outing
- Purchase a tee or green sponsorship
- Provide items for the gift bags
- Provide raffle items or door prize, such as: gift certificates or logo items from a company.
The Golf Outing includes a power cart, goodie bag, food and beverage tickets, raffles and a luncheon buffet. For more information about getting involved with this event, please contact Sally Sandine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-360-4721.
Special Recreation Programs
In an effort to enhance program and service opportunities to individuals with disabilities and special needs, Waukegan Special Recreation conducts fundraising events throughout the year. Funding acquired has helped to scholarship participants, so they may be involved in recreation programs, camps, no school day activities, as well as various team and individual sports that compete locally, regionally and on the state level for Special Olympics. Here are other ways these donations have made a difference:
- In the summer of 2008, twelve individuals received scholarships to offset the program cost of eight weeks of summer camp and various special event or weekly programs.
- Athletes competing in seven different sports programs with Special Recreation have been outfitted in appropriate uniforms, supplied with equipment, and have traveled to local and state competitions and tournaments at no cost to the athlete.
- Through the generosity of local businesses, individuals, and organizations, Special Recreation is able to supply participants with disabilities, as well as financial struggles, with year-round recreational and athletic opportunities they would otherwise be unable to afford.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to assist Special Recreation in its fundraising efforts, please review the attached informational pamphlet, call the Special Recreation Services of Northern Lake County- Waukegan office at: (847) 360-4760 or email Julie Schneider: click to email.
Cultural Arts Division Contributions
The Waukegan Symphony Orchestra and Concert Chorus, Bowen Park Theatre and Bowen Park Opera and scholarship fund would greatly appreciate your contribution. To download a contribution form in .pdf format, please click here.
If you are interested in learning more about the Cultural Arts Division, please call the Jack Benny Center for the arts at : (847) 360-4740 or email Claudia Freeman: click to email.
Open Donations and Contributions
We welcome and deeply appreciate any charitable giving in the form of cash, land or property. Donations will be applied to the most relevant project or program, unless specified by the donor.
For more information on giving to the Waukegan Park District,
please contact Greg Petry, Executive Director -847-360-4721.